Thursday, April 4, 2013

Creamy Orzo with Asparagus

When I acquire a random ingredient, it's not often I don't already have a recipe pinned. However, when receiving asparagus from my Bountiful Basket a few weeks ago, I didn't like any I had pinned and I searched on google. I know. Weird.
Luckily, I found this awesome, easy, recipe which made me love asparagus even more than my green heart did.
Photo Credit to Celeste
Creamy Orzo with Asparagus
1 cup orzo
1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp butter or margarine
1/4 to 1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Bring a large sauce pan of water (filled about halfway) to a boil over medium heat. Cook the orzo until tender, about 10 minutes.

After the orzo has been cooking for about 5 minutes, add the asparagus to the same pot (this will allow the orzo and asparagus to cook in the same pot and keep the clean-up to a minimum!).

Once the orzo and asaparagus are cooked and tender, drain and return to the pot.

Quickly add the parmesan cheese and butter. Stir thoroughly, allowing both the cheese and butter to melt. Slowly add the cream to the mixture, while stirring. Continue to stir and add cream until you reach your desired consistency.

Season with salt and pepper.

Voila! You have a delicious side dish! Serve immediately.

Recipe Source: Sugar & Spice by Celeste

No comments: