Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Better Than (Sex) Cake

I figured I would be judged less if I put parentheses around sex. But honestly, who doesn't know what I'm talking about when I title my post this? This delicious, moist, chocolatey, crunchy, smooth, sweet cake? Um, maybe I should stop...

Better Than Sex Cake
Makes 9x13 pan
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee, crushed (I used Heath Bars)
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Make slits (I used thick chopsticks to make holes) across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom. Immediately pour sweetened condensed milk all over top (I suggest pouring most on the top and not so much on the outsides if your cake "domed" like mine did), then pour that caramel topping on as well. Place in fridge for at least one hour.
Let cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with some chocolate toffee bar chunks and swirls of caramel topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve!

Recipe Source: Combination of three recipes found on Food.com


No comments: