Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cream Cheese Truffles

One get-together with some family, I wanted an easy, quick treat (to which I had all of the ingredients). These were just that, and ridiculously luscious! Seemed like I put WAY more time into them than I did...which I love.

Cream Cheese Truffles
Makes about 16 truffles
Cream Cheese Truffles
1 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
cocoa to roll

In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar. Add melted chocolate. Beat until well combined. Let chill in the refrigerater for 30 minutes. Using your fingers, roll the mixture into small balls (about 3/4-inch in diameter). Sprinkle about 1/3 cup of cocoa on a plate and gently roll the candy to coat. Place on a clean plate and serve. You can also wait a couple of hours and they will have a more solid texture (I chilled mine before serving).

Note: I doubled to avoid having half a cream cheese block in my fridge (or to have more chocolate?)
          -Also, I don't love the cocoa on the outside. I haven't figured out what else to put on the outside, but I'm not a big fan of the dry bitter on the outside of such a good truffle. If you have any ideas...let me know!

Recipe Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe


No comments: