Thursday, November 17, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

From McCormick! For Amelia's birthday, I wanted to make a red velvet cake, well, red velvet cake balls. So, I went searching on the internet cause I had no recipe, and I actually came across this awesome recipe from McCormick. No offense to them, but I was really surprised at how awesome it was...so enjoy!

Red Velvet Cupcakes
Photo Credit to McCormick

Red Velvet Cupcakes
About 30 cupcakes.
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 bottle (1 ounce) red food color
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.

Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat. Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.

Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. {I made two round pans, so I cooked them somewhere between 35-45 minutes...I don't quite remember}

Recipe Source: McCormick

No comments: