Friday, May 18, 2012

{The Best} Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever...

...no, seriously. I've been trying for probably 2 years to find "my" oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. I finally found it.
Oh. My. Goodness.
First of all, the dough is amazing, so we ate a lot of that. Then I baked them...and ate probably 6 cookies. I couldn't stop. It was awesome. I want to make them again.
Right.
Now.
Photo Credit to mrshardingcooks.blogspot.com
The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I don't know how many it makes...because I ate too much cookie dough
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 heaping cup of non-instant oatmeal
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or a handheld mixer, cream butter and sugar together for 3 full minutes, until mixture becomes light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla until combined. Put the oatmeal in a blender or food processor and pulse a few times. You're not making oat flour, you still want pieces of oats left. You just want most of the oat flakes broken up. Combine oats with dry ingredients in separate bowl. Beat dry ingredients into creamed mixture a third at a time with a wooden spoon. Stir in chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 to 10 mins. Take out a little early and let bake for a few minutes on pan before moving to a wire rack.

Recipe Source: Mrs Harding Cooks

No comments: