Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Perfect Salmon Marinade

Oh. My.
Photo Credit to melskitchencafe.com
Okay, I have to tell you about seafood for me. I HATED it until my Junior year of high school when I went camping up Fairview canyon with some friends. This trip may have included hitting a huge rock on my way up and something about going miles and towns away from where we were to find a transmission fluid pan...but I diverge. My friend caught a trout and that's what we had for dinner that night (ok, that's not ALL we had), and for the first time, my eyes were opened to the wonderful world of seafood (thanks Bryce!).
Moving forward...I have now cooked fish plenty of times, and I rocked it this last time with this recipe. Don't you worry, I've "flopped" quite a few recipes, but this one is awesome and easy and quick. Yay! Please try this and you will be in heaven!
Salmon Marinade
4-6 Servings1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
lemon pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil

The original recipe says to spice the salmon first. I accidentally through everything together in the marinade and it turned out great. So, either season the salmon with the lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt, then mix the rest of the ingredients; or, just mix all the ingredients together!
Place in a resealable plastic bag and let marinate in the fridge for about an hour. {The original recipe says 2, but I did it for one this last time and it was awesome}. Discard extra marinade.
Place marinated salmon on nonstick baking sheet (or baking sheet sprayed with cooking oil), and bake at 350 for about 12-13 minutes (until the salmon flakes with fork).
Eat a piece of heaven on earth! (or 2...)

Recipe Source: adapted slightly from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

No comments: