Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cream Cheese Chocolate Frosting

Photo Credit to marthastewart.com
I can't decide if I "wrote" this recipe, or if Martha did. I found a recipe for chocolate cake that referred to a chocolate frosting recipe. However, I didn't love all the bittersweet chocolate (also I didn't have enough!) So I will give you the link for the original and call this my own!!

Cream Cheese Chocolate Frosting
2 1/2+ cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
1/3-1/2 cup sour cream

Mix together sugar, cocoa, and salt in medium bowl.
Beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Reduce speed to medium-low; gradually add sugar-cocoa mixture, and beat until combined. Pour in chocolate in a slow, steady stream. Add sour cream; beat until combined. {I added more powdered sugar to taste}

Recipe Source: Extremely adapted from Martha Stewart

No comments: