Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Sandwiches

These were delicious and so much more healthy than any other chicken salad sandwiches I've ever made. I made them for Lilian's 3rd birthday at the park and it was perfect. The recipe was just a template, I changed a lot about it. Except for the ingredients you see...
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Sandwich - From the plump grapes to the sweet cranberries, this lightened up sandwich won't even taste healthy!
Photo Credit to Damn Delicious
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Sandwiches
1 pound cooked chicken breast, shredded {I used a whole roasted chicken, so good}
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup diced apple
2/3 cup grapes, halved
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds {or cashews, or peanuts...}
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste {I used red wine vinegar}
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 rolls ciabatta bread, toasted, for serving {I used whatever bread I had, white rolls, wheat bread...}

In a large bowl, combine chicken, red onion, apple, grapes, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, In another bowl, whisk the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste. Combine the dry stuff and chicken mixture and fold gently.
Serve sandwiches on bread with chicken mixture.

Recipe Source: Damn Delicious

No comments: