Monday, January 21, 2013

Nutella Stuffed French Toast

Seriously? How could you, number one, turn this down...and number two, not love this? It's got NUTELLA in it. I love that stuff. It's only been since I've gotten married that I even knew what Nutella was, and since then...it's changed my life for the fatter better.
Photo Credit to sixsistersstuff.com
Nutella Stuffed French Toast
4 slices Texas Toast {I used whole wheat bread, worked great!}
2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream {I bet you could use milk here, no problem}
1/8 cup powdered sugar
4 Tbsp Nutella
maple syrup
fresh fruit

Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium low heat. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, and powdered sugar. Take 2 slices of the Texas Toast {or bread} and spread 1 Tbsp of Nutella {or more!} on each one. Sandwich together and dip both sides in the custard mixture. Grill on each side until brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately with maple syrup or fresh fruit.
{We used the famous cream syrup}

Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Six Sister's Stuff

No comments: