Thursday, March 7, 2013

{Weight Watchers} Cabbage Soup

My family has been making this recipe for a long time, and I love it. It is originally a Weight Watchers recipe, but I'm not quite sure if that's really true. Just what I've heard from the fam. I know it is actually low in points..but I don't do the point thing. I absolutely love it and can eat, like, a gallon of it and not feel guilty because of all the veggies!
Photo Credit to My Sweet and Savory
Cabbage Soup
1 large onion
2 1/2 cups carrot
2 cups celery
2 bouillon cubes
1 green pepper
1 head cabbage
1-2 cans stewed tomatoes w/bell pepper and onion.
1 package lipton chicken soup mix

Put veggies and water together and boil. Simmer 20-25 minutes.
Add salt, then cabbage & tomatoes.
Boil and simmer 10 minutes.
Add soup mix and simmer 10 more minutes.

Recipe Source: Grandma Schwartz

No comments: