Monday, February 10, 2014

Banana Crumb Muffins

Oh, remember how I love muffins. Here's another one. This is a like a perfect one though. It's pretty light and airy and the banana is so delicious. I think that if I do make the crumb topping again though, I will cut the ingredients in half to make is less sugary. That might sound weird, but I don't love how sugary/crunchy the top was. Delicious though!
Post image for My Favorite Banana Crumb Muffins
Photo Credit to My Baking Addiction
Banana Crumb Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Crumb Topping: {I will half this next time}
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.

In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

Recipe Source: My Baking Addiction

No comments: