Saturday, February 8, 2014

Peanut Butter and Jam Skillet Monkey Bread

You can never go wrong with peanut butter and jam. Never. Seriously I love the combination so much. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but I used to mix peanut butter and jam for a snack. Then, my roommates would get mad that I left it in the fridge and it looked gross. Not gross, amazing. So these are wonderful and beautiful.

Photo Credit to Picky Palate

Peanut Butter and Jam Skillet Monkey Bread
1 can Refrigerated Biscuits, 8 count (I used the Simply line from Pillsbury)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, warmed in microwave until liquid like {I probably used more…double?}
1/2 cup jelly of choice, warmed in microwave until liquid like {Also, used just a little more}
4 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 9-inch cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
Cut each biscuit into fourths. Place melted butter into a large ziplock bag and toss in cut biscuits. Shake around to coat then toss in sugar, mixing to combine. Pour into prepared 9-inch cast iron skillet and drizzle warmed peanut butter and jelly over top. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
Whisk the heavy cream and powdered sugar until combined then drizzle over warm biscuits. Serve warm.

Recipe Source: Picky Palate

No comments: