Saturday, February 8, 2014

{Healthy} Baked Oatmeal

Now, I'm trying to find the best way to make oatmeal. Whenever I make it in a pot, it actually never tastes very good. So, in my quest, I found this super healthy delicious oatmeal. Obviously the recipe is written with blueberries, but I'm sure that any fruit would be wonderful.
Blueberry-and-Walnut-Baked-Oatmeal
Photo Credit to Real Mom Kitchen
{Healthy} Baked Oatmeal
2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oatmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup Splenda granular (or 1/2 cup to taste)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 -2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine wet ingredients, add to dry ingredients.
Bake in sprayed 8" square pan for 35-45 minutes.
Cut into 6 squares.
Recipe Source: Food.com

No comments: