Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Marvelous Meatballs

I had some pretty awesome friends in high school. Their parents were almost as awesome as they were. I loved one especially. Susan Oyler. She was hilarious, loving, and probably the most kind person ever. I still see her at the 24th of July celebrations every year and she is so sweet. 
In high school she made these meatballs and I had to get the recipe. They are delicious! And now, it is my family's go to recipe for meatballs!
Peppered Meatballs Recipe
Photo Credit to Taste of Home
Marvelous Meatballs
1 pound ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs {I like to use Italian flavored}
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion salt
Sauce:
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon mayo
1 tablespoon sour cream
pasta or rice

Mix all ingredients for the meatballs thoroughly {I get in there with my hands!}. Form into balls and put into a greased 9x13 pan. Mix sauce and pour over meatballs. 
Bake at 350 for one hour.
Serve hot with pasta or rice.

Recipe Source: Susan Oyler

*Note: My favorite thing to do with the sauce is only use 1 can cream of mushroom soup {so it's basically halved}. Pour that on half of the meatballs, then use any red sauce {for me it's homemade spaghetti sauce} on the other half. I absolutely love mixing the two sauces!

No comments: