Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Baked Peach French Toast

I don't know if I've said this yet, but Sharrie, my mother-in-law, is a wonderful cook! And, luckily she has passed many recipes to myself. This is one of those recipes that you're afraid the cook won't give you because it's so good that its some family recipe they won't pass along. Another thing I love about Sharrie is her willingness to share recipes! I know I don't have a picture yet...but try it anyway! It's delectable!

Baked Peach French Toast
Makes 9x13 double layered pan
1 loaf french bread cut into 1" slices {I have also used a texas toast loaf of bread}
8 ounces cream cheese
1 bottle sliced peaches, drained {I used home-bottled. You'd use a 28 ounce if you buy it at the store}
1 cup milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
Photo Credit to Me
(This is without magic syrup...)
3 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons melted margarine
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 400. Spread cream cheese on both sides of all slices bread, arrange in 9x13 pan {I usually fit 6}, top with peaches, and another layer of bread (or you can leave the top layer of bread off...we love two layers). Stick bread with fork to allow absorption.
Whisk together milk through vanilla, then pour over bread. Bake for 25 minutes.
This is awesome served with Cream Syrup. Not the healthiest of breakfasts, but you won't get much tastier!

Recipe Source: Sharrie Webster

No comments: