Friday, December 30, 2011

Cheesy Turkey Meatballs

This is another one of those that I cut out of a magazine. Unfortunately, I can't give credit where credit is due because I have no idea where it came from. It's about 2 inches square, with no picture.
Again, these are very healthy and we LOVED them! I will definitely be making them again...especially with my new obsession with ground turkey :) (Oh, and what I'm giving you is the recipe doubled)

Photo Credit to Me


Cheesy Turkey Meatballs
Makes 11x7 pan
1 pound ground turkey
2 tablespoons diced onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (I used italian bread crumbs, which gave it an awesome flavor!)
4 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4-6 ounces mozzarella cut into 1/2-inch cubes
4 minced garlic cloves
2 teaspoons canola oil
4 cups chopped zucchini
Whole-wheat orzo pasta (couldn't find whole-wheat, obviously)
1 cup tomato sauce

Preheat oven to 425. Mix turkey with onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Form meatballs placing a cheese cube in the center of each meatball. Mist 11x7 pan with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add zucchini and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve meatballs over zucchini and orzo. It then says to put tomato sauce on top, but I was afraid it would be too plain... or disgusting. We tried spaghetti sauce and didn't like it, so I ended up eating it with a tiny bit of butter for the "sauce" and it was delicious.

Recipe Source: Fitness Magazine

No comments: