Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Frittata

Another Becky recipe. She made this, I'm sure, many times for football teams since she raised 5 strapping boys. It was pretty good, although I must say...follow her advice on the potatoes. I didn't and wish I would've.

Frittata
Makes 9x13 pan
1 large onion, chopped
1 (4-ounce) can green chiles
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 lil' smoked sausages (or bacon, sausage, or nothing)
1 cup steamed and diced potatoes (use red new potatoes or hash browns)
1/2 cup picante sauce (I used more)
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons butter
16 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar or monterey jack cheese

Picture credit to me and my beautiful baby
Saute all ingredients except eggs and cheese in a large skillet with butter until the onion is translucent. Transfer to lightly oiled 8x10 (or 7x11) baking dish. Add eggs and handful of cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Lower temperature to 300. Bake until brown and firm in center, 5-10 minutes longer. Serves 12 or so. (Don't overcook! I overcooked and had to add a lot of salsa.)

I realize this doesn't make Amelia look like a supermodel, but her hair is awesome, and she's seriously enjoying my frittata. She LOVES it. So...you're going to try it, right?

Recipe Source: Becky Ence

No comments: