Friday, December 30, 2011

Whole-Grain Pancakes

Is it sad that I'm sending a recipe out there that has "Weekend Diet Recipes" on the top of the page. I'll just ignore that. I love trying new recipes, so even though I have a good pancake recipe...I just can't stop. So, here is a healthy alternative to buttermilk pancakes. (Disclaimer...This has full oats in it, some people won't like the texture)

whole-grain pancakes
Picture credit to Yunhee Kim at
 goodhousekeeping.com
Whole-Grain Pancakes
12 pancakes-ish
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup fat-free milk (or 1%, whatever)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

In large bowl, combine flours, oats, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, egg, and oil; stir just until flour mixture is moistened {batter will be lumpy}. Spray skillet with cooking spray, heat on medium. Pour batter by about 1/4 cups onto skillet. Then cook pancakes like you would normally.
They suggest to get fresh peaches (sliced) and raspberries, and mix with a little sugar; serve those on top of the pancakes. It would be good, but I tried these in December...so no go on the fresh fruit, but I'm going to try it next summer!!
My Picture...wow. Doesn't do them justice at ALL.

No comments: