Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Whole-Grain Banana Muffin

Over the course of working in a dental office for the last 6 years, I have cut a LOT of recipes, but haven't used many...so here's one I actually made. Most of them are super super healthy, so bear with me. I thought these were good. Very healthy, like I said, not the best Banana muffins I've ever had, but really good for the health. Realize the oats are whole, so you will feel them in the texture.

Whole-Grain Banana Muffins
Makes 6-9 muffins
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 egg
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and bananas. Mix yogurt, egg, honey, oil, and vanilla separately. Add both mixtures together until they are combined. Place in greased muffin tins (or place baking cups in the muffin tin), and bake 12 minutes (or so).

No comments: