Friday, March 28, 2014

{Healthy} Mac & Cheese

Sweet sauce! I love cheese. So I love any excuse to use cheese in any dish I make. Sharrie sent me this recipe about a year ago and I'm so glad I finally tried it! It's a thick cheesy sauce with just a little pumpkin-ny flavor. Better than I expected! It is the best healthy alternative to mac & cheese I've ever made!
Photo Credit to blissfullydelicious.com
{Healthy} Mac & Cheese
8 ounces macaroni
15 ounce can of pumpkin
8 ounces {or more if you prefer} Cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
salt and pepper, to taste

Cook macaroni. While it's draining, put pumpkin, cheese, and spices in the pot and heat over medium heat. When cheese is all melted, add macaroni and enjoy!

Recipe Source: Sharrie Webster

Note: Next time I will add some milk to make it a little thinner.

No comments: