Thursday, December 6, 2012

{Raspberry} Ice cream

I might have explained this previously, but...here we go.
All growing up, there were a lot of things {cranberry sauce, bread, ICE CREAM} that I know were impossible to make at home. The store ordered them and that was it, there was no possible way in this world for these things to be made at home. Then I married Scott and met his mom. I have slowly learned how wrong I was! And I'm so grateful, because my life in taste buds has become so much better.
So, the first ice cream recipe I attempted...{and the one that I keep going back to after trying 4 others...} is from my mother-in-law and is originally supposed to be made with raspberries, but I've tried it with other fruits, and with vanilla {using a little sugar}, and it has turned out awesome.
Photo Credit to The Pretty Life Anonymous
{Raspberry} Ice Cream
4 cups sugar {only 3 if you do vanilla}
1 cup sour cream
5 teaspoons vanilla
6 eggs
1 can evaporated milk
1 quart cream
20 oz thawed raspberries {or any other fruit you want to try}

Mix everything except the peaches {nts: mix in ginormous red bowl}. Place in fridge and allow to chill for 30{ish} minutes. Mash fruit {unless you like frozen chunks in your ice cream} then coat in a couple tablespoons of sugar. Put Mixture into ice cream maker and turn it on. when it's thickening, add the peaches, then let it finish. Enjoy!

Note: I usually half the recipe because I'm too lazy to do four batches in our little ice cream maker.

Recipe Source: Slightly adapted from Sharrie Webster

No comments: