Saturday, December 8, 2012

{Perfect} Classic Pancakes

I have tried a lot of pancakes. These were the best I have tried. According to myself...and my husband. So, yeah for sure, it's a winner!
Photo Credit to thesisterscafe.com
Classic Pancakes
2 eggs, separated
2 c. milk
½ c. oil
2 c. flour
1 Tb baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tb sugar

Beat egg whites until stiff; set aside. Combine yolks, milk and oil. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and add to yolk and milk mixture; mix well. Fold in the egg whites gently with a spoon so you can still see streaks of the whites in the batter. Scoop onto hot griddle (around 275° works well for me) using a large soup spoon. (Each pancake should only be a few tablespoons of batter.) Flip when bubbles pop on the top, or when pancake is golden underneath.

Recipe Source: The Sister's Cafe

No comments: